BUIDL-Weekly: 20JUN22 - 26JUN22
Welcome to another weekly wrap-up, Spartans! Thanks to all the community contributors and friends who helped Buidl, promote and support during the week! Read on for the update
SynthVault Claim Drop | SPIP-105
If you missed the SPIP-105 discussions, get up to date via this article. TLDR: SynthVault harvest will reduce, so ensure you harvest before each drop!
The final 1% drop will be occurring tomorrow, so please ensure you have performed a SynthVault harvest to receive the current 1% rate.
NOWNodes Listing Completed
As mentioned in a previous weekly update, NOWNodes mentioned they were going to list SPARTA, this is now completed. This doesn't really change much for the end-user, you always could access BSC/BNBChain nodes thru NOWNodes which obviously includes SPARTA in its ecosystem, however, now SPARTA & the logo are also listed under 'tokens' on their website
Whalestats track up to 4000 of the largest BNB Chain wallets (the "whales") and provide some helpful metrics and data for users.
Don't forget to vote for SPARTA each week, Spartans!
Weekly Community Call / Hangout
Hosted every Wednesday but subject to change based on community feedback and availability. When the time is confirmed each week, we will do our best to share a reminder on the socials, but this can be difficult because of the distributed nature of the project and organisers.
Weekly LearnToEarn Quiz
Congratulations to the winners of the weekly Spartan Protocol LearnToEarn quiz.
There is a new #LearnToEarn quiz up and live for Spartans keen to learn and win some SPARTA in the process!
Don't forget to ask on the socials if you are not sure! The community is there to help and these quizzes are all about learning!
Our community collates the public Spartan Protocol data into a PDF report each month covering Google Search (impressions, clicks, devices, keywords & geographical) & Twitter analytics. You can find the full May report here.
Refactor Home Search
- Created two new useStates for
- On home search input change,
searchQuerya dependent in useEffect to then run sorting & search filtering logic to update
.map()the table array instead of the function inside the JSX
- This led to much better search behaviour, when you type in a search query it will update the filtered list almost instantly now instead of there being a varying delay
Synth Positions | 'Currently worth' is wrong
- Changed all instances of
- Changed all instances of
- This fixed the incorrect positions 'currently worth' values and/or icons issues
Refactor localStorage -> Redux
- Added an 'app' Redux store
- Rewrote the settings component to use the new 'app' store instead of localStorage
- Changed the
getSettings()function call to instead use the new app store to get the user's selected slip tolerance in
- Padded out the new app redux store with commented-out placeholders for all items we use in local storage. ie.
- Left one of those items uncommented:
settingsand reducers and actions to handle initial state (pulled from local storage if available) and user-triggered state changes (set new gas rate & slip tolerance)
settingsitem will act as a followable example for tackling the other LS items for the rest of this GitHub task
- Deleted the
src/utils/web3.js(this is now 'get'-able from the redux store)
- Using redux for the gasRate meant ideally deleting the
getProviderGasPrice()function, so every 'write' RPC call/action was modified to use the redux states value instead of localStorage. This is an in-between change and may seem like some double-handling (it is), but will be refactored once the remainder of this GitHub issue is completed
- Home/Pools Search | Uppercase not working
- Redux RPC calls with redux loading state
- Refactor localStorage -> Redux
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/spartan-protocol/spartan-site
New layout branch: new-site-tailwind
- Added a staging deploy workflow for easier contributor viewing/sharing
- Added a variable set for
STAR_SIZE& changed the color closer to the 'Spartan Red'
- Added black bg to the CTA buttons
- Converted footer into a simple single-line footer with the last build date for staging/dev and pushed the other 'token/supply' logic from the footer into its own module
- Removed unused files like footer styles, footer2 & jumper
- Added hover state to the nav menu links
- Removed placeholder text and plugged in the contentful data for the landing section
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/spartan-protocol/spartan-api
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/spartan-protocol/spartan-subgraph
Protocol Contracts V3
- Draft up general pool structure
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/spartan-protocol/resources
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/spartan-protocol/spartan-docs
Protocol Contracts V1 - V2
Ecosystem Project: SpartanSwap
SpartanSwap is just a placeholder for now, but it is a separate project with the intention of building an alternative frontend for users to interact with the Spartan Protocol pools. With a focus on swap functionality to start with and with larger dreams to iterate towards swap aggregation
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/Spartan-Swap/SpartanSwapContracts
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/Spartan-Swap/SpartanSwapDApp
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/Spartan-Swap/SpartanSwapResources
Ecosystem Project: SpartanArena
SpartanArena is another separate project with a focus on creating subprojects that lean more towards 'gaming'. Some ideas in the works for the future may include an NFT looter game, lottery and a prediction/parimutuel game
- Restructured contracts into folders, moved all the older arena looter stuff into its own folder
- Created a folder for
- Ran through and added first-sweep of variables, interfaces, structures and action functions to the
UpDownArenacontract to give us something to build off of
A general outline of possible future UpDown contracts:
UpDownArenais an idea for a price prediction game where you stake assets and guess whether the pool-derived price will be up or down at the finalization date
- The staked assets get added asymmetrically to the underlying pool and are held as a prize pool for the correct guesses
- Hopefully, this can be all kept on chain and operated by the community, one idea to make this happen is to incentivize anyone (using a small percentage of the prize pool) to call a function after the game is closed to help derive the price and finalise the winners etc
- Once finalised, the winners can call a claim function to claim their share of the prize in either the TOKEN, SPARTA or LP units
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/SpartanArena/SpartanArenaDApp
- Website: https://spartanprotocol.org/
- DApp: https://dapp.spartanprotocol.org/
- Documentation: https://docs.spartanprotocol.org/
- GitHub: https://github.com/spartan-protocol
Spartan Protocol is at its core a community-built and run project. In this vein, the more contributors, the better. There is a great opportunity for community members to contribute. Please reach out in the community channels if you are interested.
Engage with the community and contributors
Where to find out about all the latest updates or suggest improvements — get involved.