BUIDL-Weekly: 16MAY22 - 22MAY22
Welcome to another weekly wrap-up, Spartans! Thanks to all the community contributors and friends who helped Buidl, promote and support during the week! Read on for the update.
A massive thanks to the CoinGecko team for getting integration over the line this week despite their existing workload and commitments! All of the Spartan Protocol pools now show up as markets on CoinGecko for users who are searching for information on listed assets or on the protocol itself of course.
There are still some details to finalise, after which the integration will be announced on our community socials, keep your eyes peeled for more info as it arises.
SynthVault Claim Drop | SPIP-105
If you missed out on the SPIP-105 discussions, get up to date via this article. TLDR: SynthVault harvest will reduce, so make sure you harvest before each drop!
The next 1% drop will occur next week, so please ensure you have performed a SynthVault harvest to receive the current 3% rate.
BNB Master Mention
Whalestats tracks up to 4000 of the largest BNB Chain wallets (the "whales") and provides some helpful metrics and data for users.
- Tweet 1 - Most Traded in top 1000 wallets - 21 MAY
- Tweet 2 - Most Traded in top 500 wallets - 16 MAY
- Tweet 3 - Most Traded in top 100 wallets - 18 MAY
Don't forget to Vote for SPARTA each week Spartans!
Weekly Community Call / Hangout
These are currently hosted every Wednesday but are subject to change based on community feedback and availability. When the time is confirmed each week we will do our best to share a reminder via the socials but this can be difficult due to the distributed nature of the project and organisers.
Weekly LearnToEarn Quiz
Congratulations to the winners of the weekly Spartan Protocol LearnToEarn quiz.
There is a new #LearnToEarn quiz up and live for Spartans keen to learn and win some SPARTA in the process!
Don't forget to ask in the social channels if you are not sure! The community is there to help and these quizzes are all about learning!
Our community collates the public Spartan Protocol data into a PDF report each month covering Google Search (impressions, clicks, devices, keywords & geographical) & Twitter analytics. You can find the full April report here.
GitHub Activity - Spartan DApp
Migrate to newer React
- Added in
cracoto inject in the Polyfills that no longer come with CRA
- Update most dependencies (including a lot of breaking major updates)
- Adjust all usage of
react-router-domto suit all the breaking changes from the two major-version bump-ups
- Added 'sort' icon to
- Created a parent TableView component to house the table header, items, search and sorting functionality
- The table rows are mapped into that as
- Users who prefer to browse the DApp with more info can still choose to change the view back to tiled view with a less compact set of details available for each pool
- A similar set of separate components were also created for the Synth items
- Refactored the DOM conditional logic in
Added volume to PoolItem
- Added the 24hr rolling volume figure to each pool item
Workaround for 'Apple Zoom'
- On DApp initial-load, check for whether it is an Apple device and disable the zoom feature accordingly
Workaround for mobile browser
- Added some padding to the body to account for some mobile browsers hiding the bottom of the screen in some situations
Improve wallet connection experience
- When connecting wallets, in some very edge cases instances, connecting would work but not quite... work. Resulting in maybe not seeing your assets until refreshing or not for some time.
- Added a simple check for whether the
wallet.accountis available after
wallet.activateand conditionally performed
wallet.activeagain if false
API issues -> hide pricing
- With the CoinGecko public API having some troubles this week, there would have been some instances where things didn't seem quite right in the DApp. ie. TVL showing as $0
- Went through the DApp and added conditionals to not show anything that would appear skewed by a bad SPARTA price API call
GitHub Activity - Spartan Site
Existing/Live Website Changes
- Adjust gitignore
- Update most title/meta headers
- Fixed the 'premissionless' <> 'permissionless' spelling error
Newest Alt2 Branch
- Fixed the local
.envissue to get Contentful API feeding back in & added an entry to the readme as a reminder for next time
- Create an alternative style mockup then review and build for 'A/B comparisons' with the other new website
GitHub Activity - Spartan V3 Contracts
GitHub Activity - Spartan Docs
- Intro Section | Convert dot points into a 'open org' section
- Future | Consider migration to Docusaurus
- Contribute Section
- Developers Section
GitHub Activity - Spartan <> Bram NFTs
Completed, all that remains is distribution! Please be patient and allow the contributors time to work out how these NFTs will be distributed. In the meantime please check out Bram on Twitter and show your support!
- Distribute the NFTs
GitHub Activity - Spartan Subgraph
GitHub Activity - Spartan API
Pool && Pools
- Pull in new 24hr rolling volume figures instead of resetting every day
- Updated the API readme accordingly
GitHub Activity - Spartan Resources
GitHub Activity - Arena Contracts
GitHub Activity - Spartan V2 Contracts
- Website: https://spartanprotocol.org/
- DApp: https://dapp.spartanprotocol.org/
- Documentation: https://docs.spartanprotocol.org/
- GitHub: https://github.com/spartan-protocol
Spartan Protocol is at its core, a community-built and run project. In this vein, the more contributors the better. There is a great opportunity for community members to contribute, please reach out in the community channels if you are interested.
Engage with the community and contributors
Where to find out about all the latest updates or suggest improvements — get involved.